- 1 Round Melon (cut into two halves, flesh removed and cut into pieces)
- 3 Fleshy Oranges (segments removed without skin, pip's or membranes)
- 1 bunch of grapes seedless (cut in halves)
- 1 banana (cut in slices)
- 1 Red apple (cut in quarters and then slice with the skin)
- 1 tin of pineapple (or half of fresh pineapple) (cubed)
- 1 Ripe peach (cut into little pieces)
- 1/2 fresh orange juice
- 1/2 pineapple juice
- juice of a whole lemon
- 2 shots of Port wine
- pinch of cinnamon
- a couple of scrapes of nutmeg
- 1 soup spoon full of denmerra sugar
The preparation is simple, just mix all the chopped up fruit in a ceramic bowl, the melon skins should be immediately refrigerated after the flesh is scooped out. Then mix into the fruit all the liquids and condiments. and leave these to mature and ferment for a minimum of two hours (I prefer leaving them overnight) in the fridge.
Then you present the salad in the chilled melon halves, or in small ramekins etc, you you'd like to indulge you can also place a spoon of clotted cream on each serving on top and a mint leave.