Beautifull en-croute, made with salmon and a topping of caramelized onions and Philadelphia cream cheese.
Recipe Ingredients: (enough for 4)
- 1 skinless and boneless salmon fillet (I purchased it with skin and removed it after as is cheaper this way)
- 1 packet of puff pastry (I purchased it already rolled, as I didn't want the trouble to make it myself)
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 21/2 a shot of Port Wine
- 2 Heaped soup spoons of Philadelphia Cream cheese (or similar)
- 1 bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- a little salt, black pepper and virgin olive oil
- 1 egg yolk to brush the pastry
In a frying pan put a little olive oil and once hot add (salt and pepper), onion and garlic. Let them cook until they caramelize well, when this happens add the port wine, cook for another minute, remove from heat and leave to cool.
After cooling add the two tablespoons of Philadelphia over the chopped parsley and stir until it becomes consistent. Place the fillets of raw fish over the pastry (add a little salt and pepper on top), spread fillets with cream cheese and onion, put on top of the slices of tomato.
Now lift the flaps of the pastry covers the fish but do not completely cover it, use the excess of the ends of the wrap to make the strips to put over, these will not let the dough open more when cooking (see photo). Press the edges with the teeth of a fork and brush the dough thoroughly with the egg yolk. insert it in the hot oven (200 degrees C) for 25 minutes, and is ready to serve.
The vegetables are just boiled, I used as you can see, round beans, carrots and potatoes. You can use the same or even cauliflower, broccoli etc. You can also quickly after boiling the vag sauté them for one minute with butter on a frying pan then sprinkle some chopped parsley and a little lemon juice.
For the sauce puts the milk in a saucepan with the nutmeg, butter plus a dash of salt and pepper. Once it boils, mix the wine with the flour premixed, and stir until it thickens, finally add the chopped parsley and is done, pour over the vegetables. Bon Appetite