Tuesday 6 October 2009

Fresh Cod Fillets with Potatoes Cooked In a Rose Wine Sauce



Recipe Ingredients:(Good for 4 people)
  • 4-6 cod fillets (no bones or skins)
  • 8 medium potatoes (peeled and sliced)
  • 1/2 bottle of rose wine (the bottle being 750ml)
  • 1 large white onion (finely chopped)
  • 3 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 2 heaped soup spoons of fresh coriander (chopped)
  • 1 fish stock cube (knorr or similar)
  • 100mls fresh cream
  • 1 soup spoon of butter
  • 1 soup spoon of plain flour diluted in half a glass of water
  • a little olive oil, rock salt and freshly ground black pepper

A very simple preparation, place a pan with a little olive oil a pinch of rock salt and a pinch o black pepper on the heat, once well heated add there the garlic and the onion, stirring it frequently let it get golden (caramelized a little). Once that happens add the sliced potatoes and the rose whine and on top of those place the fish, adding a little more black pepper and a little salt over each fish fillet, put a lid on and once it starts to boil reduce to minimum allowing it to simmer for around 20miutes, to turn the sauce simply move the pan around with an angle (don't use spoons as to not break the potatoes or fillets).

After the 20 minutes remove the lid and add the butter and fresh cream as well as the flour and water mix (add more water if necessary), but mix the sauce again by swirling the pan do this occasionally until the sauce thickens which then means is time to put in the coriander and a couple of swirls of the pan, put the lid back on let it simmer a further 3 minutes and is ready to serve.

I wanted it this simple, obviously nothing stops you from adding to the cooking some carrot cauliflower broccoli etc... it really is up to you, but I really enjoyed the simplicity of this dish and the superb smooth silky textures and mild tastes it offered.

11 comments:

chow and chatter said...

looks yummy

Christelle said...

Wow that looks brilliant, I'm defo going to try it!! :)

Chef E said...

This sounds good, and as always looks great! ...I had the opportunity to eat at a Portuguese place in jersey and want to tell you about it, and have questions...

Anonymous said...

you'll have to re-publish the post to let us know when the recipe is up, but looks good on the picture :)

Donna-FFW said...

I dont understand the words, but I know it looks delicious! Like everything you cook!

Rico said...

First of all my apologies for having placed the recipe in Portuguese, as I thought I was posting it on my other Portuguese blog, well corrected now...hope you enjoy.
Thank you all for all your comments which were very nice and forgiving in view of my mistake you overlooked it looking at the picture I assume and evaluating from there...thanks to all of you for visit and comments i appreciated them.
So.. thanks to:
Chow & Chatter, Christelle, Chef E, 5 Star, DonnaFFW and last but not least Sophie.
Million kisses for all of you xxxxx Rico

Juliana said...

Oh! This cod dish looks delicious, rich and creamy, I'll definitely give a try...

Karine said...

Such a great way to cook with cod fillet! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, I thought it was cod. The Rose sauce sounds yummy!

George Gaston said...

Rico, the simplicity of this dish is only surpassed by the creativity of its ingredients. Bravo! I am definitely going to be fixing this very soon. Many thanks.

Rico said...

So glad you liked it Gaston you are excellent at picking the recipes I liked best of the ones I created, thanks both for the visit and comment. :)

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.