- 8 Charlotte onions (finely diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 glugs of olive oil
- 4 soup spoons of butter
- 1 tea spoon of dried oregano
- 1 can of rich plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 full soup spoon of tomato paste
- 2 white baguette with granary (other baguette will do, sliced diagonally)
- 400grs pasta 100% durum wheat
While this is doing put a wok or frying pan on the stove pour the oil inside and once very hot add the chopped Charlottes + half of the garlic. Let this cook stirring occasionally until very golden brown, at that stage add the tomato (both the can and the paste) + half of the oregano and one spoon of butter, this should now cook for approx 10 minutes.
While that is doing in a ramikin mix the remaining butter + garlic and oregano, mix this until an omogeneous paste is achieved butter the sliced baguette on both sides and put this in a preheated to 200c oven cook for about 5-7 minutes.
then is just a matter of assembling it all in the plate, see picture...I also added some parmesano greated cheese on top.