- 400grs chicken thighs (de-boned and skinned, diced)
- 1 cup of frozen peas (you can use fresh ones too)
- 1 red pepper (other colours will do like orange or yellow, not green though| diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 large carrot (thinly sliced)
- 400grs basmati rice (long grain will also do, but be aware is likely to cook faster)
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 soup spoon of premixed curry powder medium hot (choose your preference, so mild or hot or very hot will do too)
- 1 soup spoon of turmeric
- 1 tea spoon of cumin powder
- 1 pint of vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 tomato can (chopped)
- 1 soup spoon of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 soup spoons of olive oil
At this stage add the rice always stirring cook for a further 2 minutes at this stage add the tomato tin, peas and the tomato paste, keep cooking and stirring occasionally so it doesn't get stuck, as it get dry add a little stock, keep cooking and stirring and repeat the process until all stock is gone the whole thing should last about 15-18 minutes never let the mixture get to dry as risotto is supposed to be slightly sloppy, also remember if not enough the stock to keep all with the right consistency add water (the reason why I say this, is because there are many varieties of rice even within the basmati range, some rices soak more liquid that others, never do this with precooked rice as this is rubbery).
Once all is cooked add the coriander (chopped) give it a stirr, turn the cooker off, put a cloth over the top of the pan and the lid over the cloth and let it rest for about 3 minutes, then serve.