- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 medium tomatoes (de seeded and skinless, roughly chopped)
- 200grs button mushrooms
- 5 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red pepper (finely but roughly chopped)
- 500grs Cod (de boned and skinless, chopped into small cubes)
- 250grs King Prawns fresh
- 400grs rice (basmati)
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 3 bay leafs
- 1/3 tea spoon of chilli powder
- 4 soup spoons of olive oil + 2 of vegetable oil
- a measure of Poitín (or Cognac) + 1 measure of Port wine
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Place another pan on the stove (high) place the oils inside until very hot add then the onion, garlic, bay leafs, red pepper and the salt pepper. Let these ones cook until the onion is caramelized, at this point you add the chilli, tomatoes and button mushrooms, let these cook for another 5 minutes, and now add the tomatoes, fish, spring onions, Port and Poitín. Continuing to cook for a further 3 minutes now add the prawns cook for a further 2 minutes until they cooked through and finally the parsley (saving a little to decorate the dish). And you basically done.
Get the rice and pour boiling water over it, letting it drain again this will make it very loose and fluffy, create a bed of rice in each plate and put some sauce over it and decorate it (see picture).
Also alternatively you can add instead of Poitín and port just a full glass of red wine, that will work too.