- 400grs minced Beef
- 1 hand full of bread crumbs
- 1 egg (whole)
- 1 full onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 coriander bunch (finely chopped)
- 300grs of fresh fettuccine
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1/3 of a glass fresh cream
- 2 level two chillies (finely chopped with the seeds, for less hot remove seeds and white veins inside the chillies)
- a pinch of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- some olive oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- a tea spoon of flour diluted in a little water (to thicken sauce)
To make the meat balls, put the minced meat in a bowl, and put there also the parsley finely chopped, 1 garlic clove minced, a pinch of black pepper a pinch of salt and a pinch of chilli powder, the bread crumbs and the egg. With your hands mix it all very well and shape pieces of the meat into balls, and set these aside.
For the sauce on a frying pan or wok put in a glug of olive oil, once very hot add the onion, the garlic, the chilli and season it (salt and pepper to taste), cook these for about 5 minutes then add the meat balls, and turn them around to seal them, once fully sealed (brown all around) ad the tomato and chicken stock cube, let them cook for another 7 minutes, and now add the cream and the water with flour, and that will make just a nice sauce, let it cook a further 3 minutes (or more) as if you want the sauce tastier and thicker you can let it simmer for longer.
This one was really delicious, and fiery hot...most of the heat is felt around the lips as is fresh chillies. And you must admit the dish is very colourful and fiery too. You can see the steam coming of it yum yum!!