Recipe Ingredients: (enough for 4)
- 4 Skinless Pink Salmon Fillets
- 4 medium or large Ball Courgettes (cut the top scoop the inside, and reserve this inside for cooking finely chopped).
- 1/2 tin of fine Italian plum tomatoes (you can also use fresh tomatoes, 2)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 handful of chopped almonds
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 soup spoon of butter
- 1 piece of ginger the size of a garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup of pearl barley flakes
- 2 soup spoons of mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 10 medium button mushrooms (cut into quarters) please don't use canned ones
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- a little olive oil.
Meanwhile make the stuffing sauce, bear in mind you should have a little excess to go outside the stuffed ball to accompaign the lid as this one is edible too. Place a frying pan on the stove with a little olive oil, once hot add half of the chopped courgette (pulp) , one of the garlic cloves, the onion and a little seasoning (salt and black pepper), fry these stirring regularly. Once the onion reaches its semi-transparent stage add the 1/2 tin of tomatoes, and brig it to the boil again, then add the butter and as soon as this one melts the pearl barley flakes, mix occasionally until these are cooked through, if it gets too dry add a little water (just a little to keep it moist, as you want quite a thick consistency). Once cooked turn the fire off and add the mozzarella, giving it a stir so that it melts in.
Once cooked drain the courgettes from the water, stuff them with the barley filling all the way to the top, and then place these in a preheated oven to 200c for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on the top (see picture), the lids do not go in the oven you save these on the side.
Meanwhile, place a frying pan on the stove with a little olive oil and some seasoning (salt & pepper) and as soon as is hot add the salmon fillets they will cook through (depending on thickness) in about 3 minutes on each side, once they are 1 minute from being totally cooked add the remaining garlic, once fried remove them from the pan and set them aside, add to the pan the ginger, cook for around 1 minute then add the remaining courgette, the almonds and the mushrooms and if need be a couple of spoons of water, these will cook quick between 3-5 minutes, meanwhile the courgettes are done. Start serving and even with the oven just switched off put the fish in just to heat it a little, serving it last, so that all is hot (or do it your own way lol). Then plate as per picture or make your own arrangement as the eyes also eat. It was SUPER.