- 4 Spring Onions thinly sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 small pepper (red if possible) chopped
- 1 large handful of black olives pitted cut in half
- 1 large bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 1 can of pomodoro tomatoes chopped
- 200grs pomodorino (fresh tomatoes, baby pomodoro, any sweet baby tomatoes will do) cut in halves
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- enough olive oil
- 2 soup spoons of tomato paste (concentrate)
- 400grs penne pasta (or any other durum wheat pasta you like)
- 200grs grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large carrot (very thinly sliced)
- 200grs green round beens roughly chopped
On a separate pan put some olive oil, them put in both onions chopped9the spring and the normal one) also add the chopped red pepper, as well as the minced garlic add also some salt and pepper and let this cook until the onion is semitransparent (about 10 minutes) then add the olives, carrot, green beans, chopped tomato, the pomodorino tomatoes and the tomato paste with a glass and 1/2 of water, taste and add more salt if needed.
Cook for another 15 minutes, however after the fist 10 minutes add the cooked pasta so that it gains the flavours, thus the reason to be aldente, if the sauce gets too dry you can add more water or if you prefer a couple of glugs of red wine, maybe some you forgot to drink.
Lastly add the chopped parsley stirring it in well, plate it and garnish it with the grated cheese on top, mature cheddar will suffice or if you really posh add some real parmesano cheese, and a little more black pepper freshly milled.