Sunday 1 February 2009

Pan Fried Chicken Fillets w/ Butter Sauce and Spring Onions



Recipe Ingredients:

  • 400grs chicken boneless and skinless mini fillets
  • the juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/3 glass white wine
  • 400grs spaghetti (100% durum wheat)
  • 3 spring onions sliced
  • 1/3 glass milk
  • 2 soup spoons of butter
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • a little olive oil
  • 1 heaped tea spoon of plain flour dissolve in water
Way easy and quick, and very...very cheap. Boil the spaghetti as normal it will take about 12 minutes to be cooked.

While that is doing, put a large frying pan on the stove on high temp, add a couple of glugs of oil, and once hot add the chicken fillets (previously seasoned with garlic, the lemon juice, salt and pepper and left to marinade for 1/2 hour).

They'll immediately start to sizzle, and therefore require turning around fairly quickly to seal the meat (the reason why is important to seal is that the meat becomes this way more juicy and moist as if the outside is sealed the moisture and juices inside will escape at a much slower pace), once sealed cook well on both sides until it goes a golden colour (see photo) once that happens on both sides it is done remove them and let them rest only time enough to make the sauce.

For which you deglaze the pan, which means you pull out the stuck to the pan chicken stock by pouring the wine in and rubbing it around with a wooden spoon, which will make the wine go a brownish colour, at this stage add the butter and as soon as it all melts add the milk and the dissolved flour, this will thicken the butter cream, ready to pour over the edges of the pasta and chicken (see photo) finally you put the sliced spring onions over the edges of the pasta and chicken, this is not only a good garnish it also provides an excellent flavour and texture once mixed in with the sauce, pasta and meat while eating. bon apetit...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Também quero um bocadinho,muito bonito este teu prato e delicioso,bjs Alexis..

Rico said...

Se queres um bocadinho tens de cá vir, não posso mandar pelo correio o molho passava-se pelo papel do envelope... :)

Brigada Alexis, pela visita e comentário.

Unknown said...

Um dia destes já sabes vou-te bater a porta,bjs Alexis...

Anonymous said...

Love the fresh flavor the spring onions bring to this dish. Sounds great!

Rico said...

Alexis is that a promise? Make sure you bring some nice sweets (cakes) hehe lol.

Rico said...

Thanks 5 Star, I agree entirely I just love the flavour of fresh tender spring onions as is oniony but not strong. Appreciated.

Daniella Carrara said...

Eu viajei e quando volto o seu blog está melhor ainda! Cheio de novidades deliciosas!!! Vou ter que arrumar tempo para fazer todas aqui! ;)

Unknown said...

Sim é,como boa convidada eu levo um bom vinho,a entrada e a sobremesa,esta bom assim,bjs Alexis

Rico said...

Espero que a viagem tenha corrido muito bem...quanto ao blogue sim eu tento fazer updates regularmente, para você e outros ficarem satisfeitos. Não se esquece também tenho muitas receitas deste blogue em Português se prefere, darei o link abaixo..Entretanto brigada pela visita e comentário. :)

http://adoro-a-cozinha.blogspot.com

Rico said...

Alexis ...hehehe muito bem dito lol gosto muito do teu sentido de humor bem Português. :)

Luciana said...

Oi Ricardo tem um presentinho para você lá no meu cantinho...
bj
Lu

Rico said...

Gostei que você me escolheu como parte dos blogues "link" para o seu selo...Adorei ..isso é um jogo Brasileiro de blogues? É bem engraçado...brigada Pó. jinhos

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.