- 250grs basmati rice
- 2 chicken thighs skinless and boneless (cubed)
- 2 hand full of mixed seafood (the one I chose had: prawns, mussels, calamari rings and clams "optionally you can have these fresh")
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 hand full mixed frozen peppers (or alternatively 1 red pepper diced)
- 1 red chilli (minced)
- 1 lid of vodka
- 1 soup spoon of turmeric
- 2 soup spoons of tomato paste (diluted in a little water)
- a little olive oil + some salt and black pepper + a couple of bay leaves
While that is doing, place a frying pan or wok on the stove with a little olive oil, and once hot add the garlic, onion, mixed peppers, chilli salt and black pepper as well as the bay leaves. Cook these until golden and at this stage add the chicken, quickly seal it and as soon as is sealed add the paprica and the vodka cook for a further 1-2 minutes and then add the diluted tomato paste, cook for about 7 minutes, and then add the frozen or fresh sea food... either will only take around 3-4 minutes to cook as you want it just cooked not overcooked, as overcooked seafood becomes rubbery and hard.
Once cooked drain the rice and while draining pass boiling water through it to remove excess starch, then throw in with the sauce mix well let it rest a couple of minutes to absorb all flavour and serve decorated with a little coriander.