Recipe Ingredients:(enough for 4)
- 4 Portabello mushrooms (if not portabello large open ones will do)
- 2 Bunches of broccolis spears (about 400grs)
- 400grs mixed red and white new potatoes (cut in half)
- 125grs fresh single cream
- 2 soup spoons of Gruyère pieces (if not available, extra mature chedar will do"grated")
- 2 soup spoons of mild cheddar (grated)
- 1 glass of milk
- 50grs butter
- 1 big bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 reb bell pepper (cut into little strips)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 300grs smoked hake (no skin and chopped into small cubes)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Put the potatoes cooking in a pan with a little salt, these will take about 15-20 minutes depending on their size. On another pan cook the broccoli spears, these will take between 7-10 minutes to be cooked so only start cooking these 10 minutes after you have put the potatoes on, once the broccoli is cooked just put a little butter in them (optional).
However before all that you need to prepare the mushrooms as these will take around 20 minutes in the oven (at 200c). So to prepare them drizzle a little olive oil in a large pirex dish to fit all mushrooms or 2 small ones, put the mushrooms upside down in the dish and previously remove the stalk, chopping them into small bits. Now season the mushroom with some salt and pepper, then top it with (dividing by the 4), 2 chopped garlic cloves, chopped mush stalk, the pepper (save a little to also decorate), half of the parsley and the smoked fish, finally the bechamel (see how to make this bechamel bellow) and on the top of the bechamel, the mild cheddar and the remaining pepper for decor.
For the bechamel you place in a little pan, the cream and the milk, let it get very hot at that stage add a little seasoning, salt pepper, a pinch of nutmeg and the Gruyère cheese. Once all melted get 1/3 of a glass with water and mix in a soup spoon of plain flour, once well mixed , pour it into the sauce and stir briskly and the sauce will thicken substantially, should be the consistency of runny mayonnaise.
Once the potatoes are cooked put them in a frying pan with the butter, remaining parsley and remaining garlic and fry them for 3 minutes adding the lemon juice at the end, plate it all up and you're done. Is super delicious I cannot tell you how much you need to make it and find out.