Ingredients for the Recipe: ( enough for many :D )
- 4 yolks
- 125 g butter
- 125 g Fine sugar (Caster fine sugar)
- 125 g Icing sugar
- 40 g ground almonds (I ground my own for a more intense flavour)
- 1/2 almond essence
- +/- 2 packets McVities Rich Tea biscuits (or Maria biscuits)
- 1 cup strong coffee (just warm nearly cold)
- 10 flaked almonds (I flaked my own with my Santuku knife)
It is very nice served with a nice strong cup of coffee. I believe the original recipe doesn't have almonds at all and the walls and top of the cake is decorated with dessicated coconut shavings.
We all know that almond goes extremely well with coffee, as a lot of times when out for a coffee you get a little almond biscuit with it, therefore the reason why I used it.