- 2 red chillies (finely sliced) medium hot
- 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 green pepper (diced)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large carrot (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 soup spoon tomato concentrate
- 1 tin of tomatoes (diced) can also use fresh ones but de-seed them and remove the skin first about 3 large will do (diced)
- 1 tin mixed beans (or just kidney beans will do)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tea spoon full of cumin powder
- 300grs of Quorn (or alternatively soya mince)
- 400grs of pasta shells (cooked in water with two crushed garlic cloves)
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 4 soup spoons of olive oil
Now add the Quorn or Soya and let it continue to simmer stirring occasionally for a further 5 minutes, at the of which you add the beans and let it continue to simmer for a further 3-5 minutes more and the sauce is ready. So remember to put the pasta on cooking around the time you added the Quorn to the sauce.
Once all is ready place the pasta on the plate (you can also do this with rice or Bulgar or even cus cus) and pour a good couple of serving spoons over the pasta, (optionally) you can add some grated cheddar and a little Parmesan on top. makes it just delicious, of course is also good without it. For a meat one just replace the Quorn with beef or pork or lamb mince.
Tip: for fairly hot use the whole chillies sliced, if less heat is required just cat the chillies in half and remove the seeds and the white veins, before cooking them.