Monday 9 February 2009

Mascarpone and Creme Fraiche Mousse with Blueberries



This was made when I received the day before yesterday all my family in my house for diner (they had come from Portugal) so I wanted to impress a little, and may I say with a big head I didn't disappoint them ...according to their comments.



Recipe Ingredients:

  • 8 digestives
  • 1 soup spoon of butter
  • 1 pkt of mascarpone (about 200grs)
  • 1 pkt of crème fraiche (about 250grs)
  • 1 punnet blueberries (about 250grs)
  • 4 soup spoons of sugar (+ a little extra)
  • 1/2 lemon (just the juice)
  • 1 lid of vanilla essence
Just put a the lemon juice the sugar and the berries in a little pan and take it to the stove medium heat, after about 3 minutes the berries start bursting (you know this as the liquid starts to gain the berries colour) squish them with a potato masher, and then let them cook for a further about 5 minutes. Set it aside ready to mix with the mousse.

Prior to making the mousse, you need to line the base of the ramekins with the digestive, so to prepare the digestive for this, in a bowl with your hands crush the digestives until they nothing but powder, then put the butter and the vanilla essence in and still with your hands mix it in until it resembles crumbs, at this stage divide them equally through the ramekins and flatten it down with the base of a glass that fits into the ramekin. They are now ready for the mousse.

On a bowl mix the mascarpone and the crème fraiche and a little sugar (about one heaped then spoon) with a whisk until a smooth paste achieved , pouring in a bit at time of the blueberries compote keep whisking and add it till all is in, than spoon them evenly to the ramekins and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving and that is it.



15 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

Such a simple recipe to produce such a lovely dessert!

Rico said...

Yes ...simple delicious only around 7 minutes to make and 30 refrigeration...enough for 10 people or 2 pots each for five people if they're a little more sweet toothed hehe..thx 4 visit and comment kisses xxx

Anonymous said...

Mousse with blueberries - how wonderfully delicious!

Rico said...

It was delicious and I nearly didn't get one even though I made them .... lol thx for visit and comment luv ya...

Unknown said...

Oi será que as visitas são quem eu estou a pensar?vou querer uma destas quando te for ai visitar,parabens esta muito bonita,bjs Alexis.

Rico said...

Sure Alexis, for you anything...thank you for your comment and visit ..it was appreciated xx

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

You had me at mascarpone! This looks so wonderful, I like the blueberries too!

Rico said...

Mascarpone is a low fat white soft smooth cheese (technically is not a cheese) but you can use any low fat soft cheese, will produce identical results. Thank you for your visit and comment.appreciated!! xx

Frequent Traveler said...

That recipe sounds totally delightful, Ricardo ! Delicious with the blueberries and cheese and creme fraiche :)

Rico said...

And the digestives lol...just kidding...But jokes aside it is a really nice and light desert and not much fattening as no cream in sight...cheers,, so easy to make surely u will make it and try it for real ...thx for visit and comment.

Chef E said...

Love me some marscapone!

Rico said...

Well you should like this one is very light on the hips..and is tasty too....and you know it Chef, as you already like mascarpone..thx for comment and visit

Rico said...

Yeah that's right, I love uncomplicated deserts but not without a visual, as I am a firm believer that the eyes also eat, so ... simple, pleasing to the eye, and most importantly tasty as well as cheap to create, which is important in recession times :) Thx 4 your visit and comment.. luv'd it xx

Lobster Gram Recipe Blog said...

Wow...I plan on making a Mille De Crepe Cake for my Mom's Birthday and I think I'm going to use this recipe for the filling! I'm sure it will be incredible. Thanks again for posting such amazing recipes and decadent photographs.

xxx
Nikki

Rico said...

Thanx a lot Nikki, I am so happy that you using this as a filling as is great really nice taste, maybe put a little more fruit so it add a little more tartness.
But anyway let me know how it turns out...cheers for visit and comment. luv ya xxx

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.