Wednesday 11 February 2009

Smoked Fish and Prawns in a Pasta and Cream Grattin


Recipe Ingredients:
  • 1 large courgette cut in half and then in stripes.
  • 6 carrots with skin (well washed, thinly sliced)
  • 1 large onion (finely chopped)
  • 3 garlic cloves (two minced, one crushed)
  • 300mls double fresh cream
  • 150grs grated cheddar
  • 800grs pasta (use a mixture of two nice ones, different types)
  • 400grs smoked filet's like haddock or another smoked fish( skinless and boneless cut into little cubes)
  • 250grs fresh uncooked king prawns skinless (cut in half's)
  • 2 soup spoons of butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • a little olive oil



Easy recipe to make. Place a large frying pan on the stove and a deep pan with water salt and the crushed garlic to cook the pasta, once the water is boiling add the pasta, leave it cooking for 10 minutes, while on the frying pan ad a glug of olive oil, and once hot add the two minced garlic, onion, courgettes, carrots and seasoning (salt and pepper to taste), stir these frequently until the onion and carrot are half cooked, at this stage add, the butter and then once melted the fresh cream, wait now until the cream starts to bubble, and at this stage add the cut smoked fish, reduce the fire to medium and let it simmer for 3 minutes, lastly add the prawns and let it simmer a further 3 minutes.

Get a couple of large Pyrex, cover the bottom with some of the boiled pasta (half) dividing equally between the both. After that split the sauce into two parts reserving a little liquid with veg bits, put each of those two parts over the bed of pasta, and then cover the sauce with another layer of pasta on each dish until all the pasta has gone, now pour half of the reserved liquid evenly over the pasta of both dishes and over that the grated cheese over the two trays (for more cheese flavour you may add some grated Parmesan "optional") season a little salt and pepper and goes in the oven at 200c for about 15 minutes, well ...until golden brown on top to your liking, this serves 10 people easy. At least that is how many ate this at my house, and to be honest they all loved this dish, so hope yours like it too, if your people eat a lot make this dish for 8. Luv ya ...and thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment.


11 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

What a wonderful dish. This looks so savory and decadent!

Rico said...

Thanks Katherine, for your visit and comment, decadent is what me and my family likes in food, I am not so sure our bodies agree!! lol.... Cheers!! xxx

Natasha said...

This looks very inviting! Must try it. Exactly the kind of hearty food I am in the mood for. Thanks!

Rico said...

I aim to please ...Natasha...thanks for your visit and comment loved it :)

Unknown said...

Posso ter um bocadinho também,bjs doces Alexis.

Rico said...

claro que sim... ;)

Que doces essas beijocas. brigada pela visita.

Ana Powell said...

Olá Ricardo
Easy to make and super yummy for sure.
Have a great Valentines x

Excelente, gostei muito da receita e da apresentação.
Todo um barra na matéria x

Rico said...

Ola Ana, agradeço-te imenso a visita no meu blogue e o comentário deixado, fico contente de teres dito eu ser um barra na matéria embora eu não veja isso, mas sabe sempre bem.
I hope you too have a wonderful Valentines. Cheers!!

Chef E said...

I have decided to fly you here and you teach my hubby how to cook! I want a man to cook for me for once whaaaaaaaa :) really I only wish for that surprise one day!

Rico said...

Tell him outright, "look darling is Valentine's day so treat me and cook for me" and if he ain't got a clue " and here is a recipe I pulled of rico's blog for you to follow and make) lmao...happy valentine's xxx

Thx 4 visit and comment

Rico said...

Hi Sophie THANK you so much for your encouragement and praise as well as your visit, I was very close last January of getting my own Bistro, but the sale fell through...but it will happen one day. Thanks again luv ya xxx

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.