Wednesday 4 February 2009

Semi-Fried Chicken Breast With Lemon and Rice

Receita em Portugues AQUI



This was a very fast food that I prepared yesterday as was only me and my son eating, I had to scavenge the fridge for something to eat and ideas. So I found some round green beans, a couple of old carrots, a lemon, a piece of dried ginger, and I had a couple of left over chicken breasts from another meal I had made before.
So I whipped my paella frying pan out and thought, I can do a part fried part stewed meal, and that is exactly what I did.

Recipe Ingredients:


  • 2 chicken breasts (cut in cubes)
  • 200grs rice (I blended long grain and basmati)
  • 2 carrots thinly sliced
  • 150grs of round green beans (chopped in three parts)
  • 1 garlic clove (minced)
  • 1 piece of fresh ginger (about same size as garlic, minced)
  • 1 juice of a whole lemon
  • 1 soup spoon of tomato paste
  • 3-4 spring onions (finely sliced)
  • a little olive oil
  • seasoning salt and pepper (to taste) also a little paprika


Put the frying pan on the fire and in it a glug of olive oil, once this was hot I added the beans, spring onions, garlic and ginger and a little seasoning, always tossing it with a couple of wooden spoons (like stir-frying), done this for about 4-5 minutes then added the chicken checked the seasoning and, stir-fried the chicken until it was all sealed about 3 minutes at this stage I added the tomato paste and the lemon juice, letting this cook (simmer) for about 4-6 minutes adding a little water if it gets too dried, at the end add the paprika and let it cook for one more minute and it is ready to eat.

The rice is boiled as normal for about 10-12 minutes till cooked drain it and pass through it some boiling water while draining, this will remove the starch leaving it nice and dry and fluffy, you can also ad a little drizzle of olive oil to help retain moist



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Btw, did you see a Culinary Trip around the world on Foodalogue? It's a virtual travel to different places and blog posts with regional dishes, next time is Portugal. Check it out http://foodalogue.blogspot.com/2009/02/culinary-tour-around-world-france-round.html

Rico said...

Thanks again so much for dropping by for the comment and the heads up about Foodalogue. Appreciated. kisses :)

brii said...

ricardo, I'm briii
I'm here from the france round-up...in foodalogue..
you will join in Prtugal, won't you??
baciusss

brii said...

ricardo, scusami...
is it possible that you have the recipe of the Pastel de Belém.
I would try to do it for the Portugal stop on the Foodalogue tour around the world.
baciuss

Anonymous said...

Im leaving a comment so I can get kisses too :) Thanks for the recipe, Ill be making this tomorrow! My son will only eat chicken so Im always looking for chicken recipes (until we start growing wings) Great post! Great post! Would love a link to it from our site. This will direct Foodista readers to your site-Here's how you can create inbound links from Foodista: http://www.foodista.com/static/blogger%20tools Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Rico, you are such a great cook and singer! *sigh*

Rico said...

Brii I am doing my best to do that. Cheers!! Thanks for visit and comment.

Rico said...

Brii concerning Pastel de Belem, I will certainly try to mail that one for you, cheers...much love Rico

Rico said...

Thumbook, you are very welcome here, so is your chicken lover son, I appreciate the comment you have left me and lots of Portuguese kisses for you for being such a sport, lemme know how your son likes the dish please.
I dunno about your son getting wings but these ones seem to start developing from the age of 15 upwards and at 18-19 they are fully developed, and away to university they go lol.

Rico said...

Thumbook, that comment about my singing left me with a extremely red cheeks...but thanks anyway.That is very generous

brii said...

fantastico, rico!!!
wow! I'm happy! :)))
lots of baciusss

Rico said...

Lemme know how they turn out...cheers xxx :)

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.