- 1/2 Butternut Squash (very finely diced)
- 1 small onion (very finely sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (very finely sliced)
- 1 courgette (finely diced)
- 300grs button mushrooms (whole)
- 200grs Quorn pieces
- 400grs rice
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tomato (skin removed to for rose, rest diced)
- 1 soup spoon of tomato paste
- 1/4 glass of water with a tea spoon of plain flour diluted
- 1/2 tea spoon of paprica
- 2 glugs of olive oil
While that is doing let's do the rice, put a pan with water and salt on the stove on high, then pour the rice in and give it a stir, it will take approx 10-12 minutes until fully cooked, once done strain it passing also boiling water through to remove starch then add the carrot sauce.
While the rice is boiling you put a frying pan on the stove, with a little olive oil and once hot add the carrot, remaining garlic and onion as well as some seasoning, stir fry it for about 3-5 minutes and add a little water (or veg stock) and then let it cook another 10 minutes and at this stage will join the rice.
Plate it up and eat it, it has a delicate sweetish taste due to the butternut which is in my opinion quite divine. If you want a meat one just replace the Quorn with the meat of your choice.