Friday 13 February 2009

Continental Pork Meatballs & Cranberry Sauce Panini

Receita em Português AQUI



This was an excellent sandwich I made, is a classic in some places but nothing like a home made one. With all home made.

Recipe ingredients:
  • Pork mince 300grs
  • 2 garlic clove minced
  • 1 hand full bread crumbs (I just grate old dried baguettes)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tea spoon of smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper (to taste)
  • some fresh panini's (I used Morrison's, they great 5 for £1.00)
  • 150grms cranberry's
  • one soup spoon of sugar
  • a squeeze of lemon
  • some olive oil
In a bowl mix in the pork mince, the garlic, egg, paprika, salt and pepper (to taste), once is all very well mixed make little balls. put a frying pan on the stove with some oil once very hot add the meat balls and keep swirling occasionally until the balls are all sealed, to better retain flavour. Once that happens, let them cook about 3 minutes on each side, so 3 minutes and turn and three minutes more, take them out to a plate with some absorbent paper to takes excess fat.

On a little non stick milk pan or similar size put the cranberries a soup spoon of sugar and a soup spoon of water + a little lemon squeeze, cook them for four to five minutes then mash them with a masher and cook for a couple minutes more until is quite thick, but you don't want jam, so don't cook much longer than that if is still too liquid don't worry the bread will absorb some juice will just make it nicer. Cut the panini's in half (see picture) cut the balls in half fill the panini place some cranberry sauce on top and their ready to eat, this is a delicious and fast snack. really really nice with some latte. When you doing the cranberry sauce if you want to add some more mystery add a couple of thinly sliced mint leaves...yum yum !!! Hope you really enjoy this one.....



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, the cranberry sauce sound delicious with the meatballs in a sandwich.

Rico said...

I am really glad you like it, if I may say so was quite delicious, those were pork meatballs, and as they had substantial paprika and garlic, sort of reminds ya of chorizo, but obviously not cured...Thanks for the visit as well as the comment.. cheers!!! xxx

Unknown said...

Nice one,bjs doces Alexis..

Rico said...

Appreciated Alexis...luv ya xx

Pam said...

An interesting combination of flavors - it sounds delicous.

Chef E said...

Yum, I a while back had some meatballs a friend made in cranberry and chili sauce, and I hate to admit I loved them, I had a kind of koolaide grape smile after wards, lol

Rico said...

I agree ...interesting, however classic...as remember sausages and cranberry sauce really classic...I just gave it a continental twist as it continues to be pork and cranberry..I really liked your visit and comment...you always welcome...cheers happy Valentine's days xxxxx

Rico said...

I am glad you can't see me ..cause I nearly fell out of my chair laughing from this comment...thx for visit and comment..happy valentine's xxx

Tangled Noodle said...

Sounds like a perfect combination of fruity tartness and savory - delicious!

Rico said...

Cheers Tangled, I agree and the taste was just right, especially with the balance of the paprika and garlic..thx for visit and comment

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.