- 400grs Macaroni pasta
- 3 spring onions (chopped fine slices)
- 3 garlic cloves (2 minced, 1 crushed)
- 1 glass of milk
- 50grs butter
- 50grs cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped coarsely)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 spoon of nutmeg (powder, or grate it yourself)
- 1/3 of a glass with water and a heaped tea spoon of plain flour diluted in it
- 1 glug of vegetable oil
Put a pan with some boiling water a glug of oil, 1 crushed garlic and a little salt, put the macaroni inside let it boil for 7-10 minutes, once cooked drain and pass through it some boiling water, and drain it again and put it in the sauce.
The sauce is made as follows, put the milk butter a little salt and pepper and the nutmeg in a little saucepan, take to the stove on a medium heat once it starts boiling add the spring onions, and the flour diluted in water, stir it and let it thicken, once it reaches that stage which will take around 2 minutes add the grated cheese and the parley, stir it again for another 1 minute, that will thicken some more. Now place the sauce in the large empty pan where you previously boiled the pasta, add the drained pasta to it, put a little on and let it rest about 2 minutes and serve. If you like a better effect and some crispiness, you may put it in a little pirex tray add a little grated cheese on top and dust also some oregano and goes in the oven 200c for around 10 minutes or under the grill till golden brown on top around 3-5 minutes, you decide...I couldn't wait so I ate it like that.