Wednesday 11 February 2009

Lamb Fillet with Paprika Potatoes and Grilled Halloumi Cheese



Recipe Ingredients:

  • 10 Small potatoes with skin (cut into quarters)
  • 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
  • 6 sliced of halloumi cheese about 1/2cm thick
  • 1 Lamb fillet (about 300grs, marinated in salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice..for 20-30mins)
  • 300grs mushrooms (cut into quarter, I used mixed brown and white for greater flavour)
  • 1 parsley bunch (finely chopped)
  • 1 soup spoon of butter
  • a little olive oil
  • 1 tea spoon of paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • a little lemon juice



Place a pan with water and salt on the stove, once boiling add the quartered potatoes and let these cook until they are about 3 minutes from being fully cooked (is intentional that I am not giving you times as cooking times vary depending on potato quality and time, you should know the potatoes you use cooking times). Once that happens remove them from the stove and drain them and place them in a bowl, adding to them salt pepper a drizzle of olive oil 1 garlic minced and the paprika, toss the potatoes in the bowl (not using instrument, only by moving bowl as you want potatoes to remain whole), and once they are all covered you place these in a tray and in a pre-heated oven to 200c for about 25 minutes.

Now place a frying pan with a glug of olive oil on the stove and once very hot, place the lamb fillet within. The idea is to seal and brown off all the way around the fillet, once this is achieved you set the meat aside and let it rest, until there is only about 15 minutes till the potatoes are done, once that happens, place the fillet in a Pyrex and insert it in the oven as well.

Five minutes away from what is in the oven being cooked, place the same pan you used for the meat, on the stove add a little more olive oil, the butter , and the remaining garlic (minced) a little seasoning salt and pepper, and the mushrooms, as it get hot with the pan start tossing the mushroom, regularly until they are 1 minute away from fully cooked (as they take about 5 minutes in all) at this stage add the parsley turn the fire off and toss them a few times. And as you can see all is done at the same time.

While someone serves, you should have a hot griddle, and a little pepper and lemon drops over each halloumi cheese, the griddle must be non stick (don't have one use a non stick pan or frying pan) put a drizzle of olive oil and grill the cheese for about 1 &1/2 minute on each side, and then plate it ...see picture.

This meal also goes well, if you want to replace the meat , with for example home made fish cakes..you decide.. bom apetite!!!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hum,já almoçava,bjs Alexis.

Rico said...

Eu também ...o que tens para o almoço lol....brigada pela visita..e comentário

Anonymous said...

Lamb sounds yummy with halloumi cheese and paprika potatoes - excellent dinner!

Rico said...

I am not a big head, but it was really good, the dish is enough for two but as my wife is a vegetarian, I ended up having all the lamb and made her a fish cake, reason lol why I said is good with fish cake lol..Thank you so much for your comment and visit as always I really appreciated it.

Chef E said...

tempting me with tators again aghhhh!

Rico said...

tell me what you want to be tempt you with and I will try to comply lol...As I don't want to feel guilty with concerns your baby fat...luv ya...happy Valentine's xxxx

Thx 4 visit and comment ..luv'd it

Attribute

If you use any recipes from this site on your blog and/or are inspired by them in the making of a dish on your blog, please acknowledge it by attributing a link as a thank you concerning it's source.... THANK YOU.

PS:
No spam or advertizing will ever be plubished here, don't even try as all comments are checked before publishing.
If you want to place an advert here, payment must be arranjed first.

Rico - Tried and Tested Recipes

Hi my name is Rico (short for Ricardo) will regularly add more food content to this blog, all my recipes are tried and tested, as I make them and eat them as well as my family, so I wouldn't give you something that is not good.

Recipes published here, will try to conform to the following criteria:

-Easy to create or bake.
-Will be nutritious, wholesome and healthy as well as economical too.
- Will be varied and inventive, mostly created by me.
-Occasionally I will treat you to some indulgent ones. But just as a treat. lol :)
- If I use other blog recipes will be to pey homenage and I will definitly link it, appreciated if the same is done for mine.

I will try to respond to all comments made, and visit their owners, however I run a no strings attached blog here when I comment on other blogs I do not expect to have them come here the same way I don't accept if I am commented on that the person will expect my visit to their blog, no commitments, but as I said I will try.

I also want this opportunity to say, thank you al that have continuously vsited me and new people visiting me you are the reason why I am here, I am not here just to get numbrs or self publicise, I am here for real friends and real opinions and to be nice to all. THANK YOU ALL :) xx

Don't just visit in a rush...subscribe to a feed, get updated automatically when I put new foods up, it is fun.